Friday, June 11, 2010

Rylie Noel Mitton




So on May 12, 2010 our second angel arrived into our arms! Below is her birth story.

After weeks of labor and many trips to Triage, my doctor decided to try to get active labor on its way. She stripped my membranes for the second time and even tried to encourage my water to break. She said that if I hadn't gone into labor by Saturday, this was on Tuesday, that I needed to come in and she'd start me since she'd be on call.

Contractions began around 1 AM and by 5 AM I couldn't stand it any longer. I woke Justin up and we dropped Holly off at our friend's house. The doctor wanted to send me home again and I was having contractions every minute. So my wonderful husband came to the rescue and demanded I be induced and that we weren't going home.

By 9 AM I needed to get the epidural after just having IV medication. The epidural was much easier this time around.

Around 1230 I sent Justin to go down to Subway and get him something to eat, but within 2 minutes of him leaving the room the doctor said I was ready to push. I sent a text to Justin and he returned quickly. After 3 pushes Rylie joined the world.

She was 19 in long and weighed 8lbs. 5oz. We are so blessed to have her in our home. She is such a joy and she and her big sister have a special bond already.

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Congratulations! she is beautiful and I love the name. Hope you are feeling well and I am happy you didn't back down. You know what your body needs. Bravo Justin! good luck with the little ladies!

Tyson and Tahnee said...

I can't believe she is already a month old. Rylie is a dang cute name. Congrats she is darling!